Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Michael Dylan Ball

Last Tuesday Aaron and I found out peanut's gender















It's a boy!

We're naming him Michael Dylan Ball. Michael because both Aaron and I have always liked that name and Dylan after Bob Dylan




















because yes, we are that cool.

The ultrasound technician checked over and measured every part of Michael/peanut and said that everything looks good. She said that Michael is in the 65th percentile for babies his age, which is just right. I was worried that she was going to tell us Michael was smaller than average or that something was wrong, so I was quite relieved. When she measured Michael's legs she said they were pretty long and asked if either of us had anyone tall in our families. So I guess he's already taking after Aaron's side in one aspect.

Immediately after finding out the sex, Aaron and I went to the mall and bought a few clothes for peanut:


















And also this fuzzy brown pillow bear that we've been calling Baloo:




















I'll be honest, I kind of want to just keep Baloo for myself, he's so soft and cuddly, haha.

My mom also went out and bought a bunch of clothes at a garage sale a friend of the family's was having. Aaron and I joked last night that Michael has more wardrobe choices than his dad does.

I've definitely been feeling Michael move around a lot more, and on Sunday night as we were reading Where the Sidewalk Ends to him, Aaron was able to feel him for the first time too. I'm also showing more now--I've gained 20 pounds! Even though I know I'm not, I feel huge. This is honestly the most I've weighed since my sophomore year of high school, and this is the most my body has changed since I was around 17, so this is a bit to get used to for me. Today I went out and bought a few new tops that fit me a little better over the stomach. I'll have to have Aaron take a picture of me sometime with my baby bump so I can post it here.

I was feeling kind of down this weekend, because of a combination of things. I've been working a lot--basically everyday I'm at at least one of my two jobs, leaving for school at 7 every morning to go to school and not getting home until close to 11 every night from my retail job. Not ever having any time to just relax and feeling like I always have a mountain of things to do was really starting to get to me. I'm also going though somewhat of a questioning of my identity and wondering how how this new label of mother effects me as a person. Do I still get to be myself? Do I still get to like weird things and talk about politics and dress how I like and say what's on my mind etc etc. These are things I asked myself when I first found out I was pregnant and I don't know that I've figured it out, or really that I will . It will probably be a work in progress, as of course life itself is.

No comments:

Post a Comment