Saturday, June 12, 2010

love my baby (and my baby daddy)

Three things I want right now:
1. sushi
2. a california kid sandwich without sprouts from bisonwiches
3. a heineken













<3love.

This week I started teaching summer school. I teach two sections of creative writing to about a total of 60 kids from all the different high schools in Lincoln. The kids are all pretty funny. On the first day of class I told them that even though I'm going to really try not to, I might have to break the school's "no food" rule because I'm pregnant and I really just can't handle being hungry. My students then started asking me when I was due and who my "baby daddy" is, which made me laugh. Yesterday marked the start of my 19th week--Aaron and I have both remarked how quickly the time has gone by. We've registered for some baby classes at the local hospital and I also signed up for an exercise class that will start in a couple weeks. I'm excited to meet some other moms to be.



















I've gotten a bit more of a baby bump, though the debate is still on as to whether or not I look obviously pregnant. The general consensus seems to be that for me, I definitely look pregnant, but if you didn't know what I normally look like, you would never think that I am. Either way, I finally bought some maternity pants as my jeans were just getting way too uncomfortable.




Peanut also got some new clothes this week--Aaron's parents were in Nevada and California and brought back this shirt from a coffee house they visited:















I can't wait to dress peanut in this!

My parents were also out of town this past week, on a trip to New Mexico. My mom brought me back some fudge from Garden of the Gods (yumyum) and also this doll:




















She said she thought it looked like me--and I'm even holding my little peanut.

I have definitely started to feel the baby move more, and Aaron and I have been reading to him or her every night. We'll find out the gender in a little over a week and I really can't wait. We'll let our parents know first of course, then I'll make the super classy electronic announcement via facebook and this blog. So go ahead and cast your votes/guesses/whathaveyou.

1 comment: