Sunday, November 7, 2010

Just Hang in There

Sigh, no baby yet. Parenting is already teaching me patience. Sort of.

I've managed to fill my days with visiting my mom and sister at work, having lunch with Aaron, writing, beginning to plan for Children's Lit next semester, selling some clothes at Black Market, cleaning things that probably don't really need cleaned and reading. In regards to selling clothes, I finally had to admit to myself that there are some things that I'm just not going to be able to wear anymore--both due to the job I have now and the fact that I'm not 19 anymore. Sigh, oh well.

I've already finished one book, Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi, which is a memoir of her struggles with anorexia, bulimia and being a closeted lesbian during the 90's. I kind of punked out on reading Barbara Kingsolver's The Lacuna because it was just really hard to get into and I didn't find myself particularly interested in any of the characters. So today I'll move on to one of the other books I picked up for myself to read, though I'm not sure which one.

I've been trying a bunch of different ways to naturally get labor going, eating pineapple (which is one of my favorite foods anyway, so not a big deal), walking (or rather waddling) around the neighborhood and mall with all the old people in their jogging suits and eating spicy foods, among other things. I like to think that it is helping things along.

When I went to the midwife this Wednesday, she told me that I'm two centimeters dilated and about fifty percent effaced and that Michael's head is super low, which is all good news. Unfortunately, he turned back around and is now "sunny side up" again. But otherwise everything is checking out fine. If I haven't had Michael by next Wednesday (the 10th) then we'll talk about induction because there is no way I am going to go beyond 41 weeks.

Today is Michael's (original) official due date, so let's all stay positive and patient! I'm going to go eat more pineapple and dodge people with their walkers at Gateway.

No comments:

Post a Comment