Thursday, October 28, 2010

b-to-the-ored. i need a baby or something to play with.

I am growing quite tired of the waiting game. Yesterday I had an appointment with my midwife and she told me that most babies are born after their due date so I should really be looking at the week after Michael is due for him to actually be born. So it's looking more and more like Michael might be a November baby. Michael's original due date was November 7, and them they moved it up to October 30, so I'm just hoping that he won't be born after November 7, because I might actually have gone crazy by that point. However, if I have learned anything this year, it is to go ahead and have plans set your mind, but to pretty much count on them not working out that way.

I would be okay with Michael being born on the 7th though, because that was my grandpa's birthday, and my grandpa was a pretty awesome person, so I'd be happy if Michael shared his birthday.

However, Michael is at least getting more and more ready to come out. He's finally turned around and has his back facing out--so no more "sunny side up" and my midwife says his head is pretty much in position. At my appointment next week (if I don't go into labor before then) she's going to give me an estimate of how big he is, though she said that from how I'm measuring he's probably a little bit on the smaller size--not abnormally small, I'm just not having a 9 pound baby or anything like that.

Last night I dreamt that I had Michael, but that instead of being a human it was a cat. Everyone was really nice about it and petting him and telling me how handsome he was, but I wasn't buying it. I knew it was a damn cat.




Not my child.

However, I do think Michael will be this adorable (probably more so):




So far I've been quite productive this break. I cleaned all our floors, got my oil changed, started reading The Lacuna, done some baking, cleaned through my itunes, cleaned through my closet, visited my grandma, got my quarter report cards done, bought my sister's birthday gift and finally started going through my huge stack of materials from summer school. So I've been trying to get my mind off of waiting for my little guy, though that's hard to do when
1. you're getting kicked in the ribs all the time
2. it seems like every woman in Lincoln is pregnant or just had a baby right now. Am I the only one who has noticed this when out and about? What's with the baby boom?

In the last bit of news and my attempt to keep myself busy, Aaron and I finally started watching Modern Family since it seems like almost everyone is telling us how much we would love it.
Well, everyone was right, because I haven't laughed at a show this much since Arrested Development. By the way, this is totally how we're going to introduce Michael to people when they come to the hospital:


No comments:

Post a Comment