Tuesday, August 17, 2010

kick it into high gear

Well, I started writing a blog post about two weeks ago and never got around to finishing and/or posting it so lets try again shall we?

These past few weeks have been filled with meetings and more meetings and more meetings after that. But that's how this time of year is for teachers, and its a paycheck.

Otherwise I feel pretty good about everything. My classroom is set up, my copies are all made and I'm planned for both classes through September. I'm still waiting on getting all the testing dates in October to plan out that month.

I've also been working to get everything planned and in place for when I’ll be on maternity leave. Thankfully, I only have two preps first semester (meaning I only have two classes I have to plan for), which makes planning for a substitute much easier. I am hoping that one of my friends who I went through teacher’s college with can be my sub, just so that I would have a better idea of who was with my students and it would make communication a little easier too. I just really hope that Michael waits until fall break to pop his little self into the world. Fall break begins October 23, so as long as he doesn’t take after his mommy too much and decide to come more than one week early we’ll be all set. Though I’ll make sub plans for the weeks before fall break just in case he does.

A few weeks ago, my sister threw me a baby shower in her kindergarten classroom. It was really cute, and we laughed about how it was exactly one year ago that I was having a bridal shower, haha. Michael’s crib is all finished and set up, and my aunts went in together to buy a changing table/dresser which should be arriving any day and Aaron’s parents bought us a rocker that should arrive in a month and a half. So all that’s left to do for the nursery is to put away all the clothes and find some artwork to put on the walls.

I can’t believe how much Michael moves around now. At first it was really only at night that I could feel him, then it would be in the mid-morning as I was teaching, now it’s all throughout the day (and night, haha) which makes me happy because that must mean that he’s growing.

I’m also having some definite body image issues as both Michael and I get bigger. I do know that for someone who is 29 weeks pregnant I am quite little, but I still feel gigantic and wish I could just wear whatever I want like I’m used to. It’s not my belly that bothers me, that I actually like. It’s more that I can tell I’ve gained weight in other places like my thighs, arms and face—and that I am not a fan of. I also hate that my feet have spread so I can’t wear a lot of my high heels anymore. I went shopping the other day and was so sad to see an absolutely adorable pair of heels that I know I can't/shouldn't wear. Oh well.

I had an appointment with my midwife this afternoon and everything is going along as it should be and both Michael and I are healthy, which is really all I can ask for. From now on I'll start having appointments every two weeks as we get closer and closer to the due date!

No comments:

Post a Comment