Monday, May 10, 2010

sort of the start of summer, though it certainly doesn't feel like it

Last week I finished student teaching and my undergraduate career. It's kind of hit me, kind of not.
















Thursday was my last day of student teaching. We had a pretty epic food day in Women's Literature and all my English 10 students pitched in and bought pizza. They also all signed cards for me, my favorite one saying "Ms. Ball, sorry I'm such a bad kid. Good luck with teaching though." haha. Also on Thursday I finally told my students that I'm pregnant. The Women's Lit class was adorable, they all started squealing and cheering and I think one or two got a tear in their eye. Then I told them about pregnancy and what I've been doing and they asked me about my decision to use a midwife. It was really moving to see how interested and excited they all were.
















Saturday was graduation, I now officially hold a Bachelor of Arts in English and a Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education. Aaron also graduated and now has a Bachelors of Journalism in Broadcasting. So now we'll begin the job hunt. Unfortunately there aren't very many openings for high school English teachers, but fortunately there are other things I can do with a teaching degree and having a BA on top of that certainly helps. Regardless, I did at least get a new part time job, once again doing retail, so at least I do have some money coming in.































After the graduation ceremony our families went out to Buzzard Billy's after which Aaron and I started packing up to move to our new place. We got the keys this Tuesday and I've been cleaning away, getting the place ready for us to move in. I love looking at peanut's room and imagining sitting in there with him or her, looking out the window and rocking in our recliner. We'll probably start moving some furniture in Thursday or Friday night once Aaron and I are off work.


Speaking of peanut, here's what he or she looks like about now:

















I have just started my 14th week, and I think I'm starting to get the ittyist, bittyist, tiniest bit of a baby bump. It's a little hard to tell, because it could just be that I'm gaining weight. However, the area between my hipbones is definitely sticking out a little more than usual. I'm excited to really have a full-fledged bump and be able to see the proof that peanut is all snuggled up in me.

1 comment:

  1. it is a good feeling when you start to have a real bump...i'm not sure why, but it is. maybe it's then that i start to realize i'm actually pregnant.

    ReplyDelete