Thursday, April 8, 2010

How am I already hungry again?

I may have spoken too soon in my last post about not having much morning sickness, as last week I ended up having it three days in a row. One of those days was while I was at work at my campus job. It did not make for a very fun shift. However, I have started keeping saltine crackers by my bed and eating a few as soon as I wake up. It's a tip I read somewhere or other and it seems to be helping. It also seems to help me have more of an appetite in the morning.














Here's what peanut looks like about now.

These past couple weeks I have definitely also noticed more changes in my body. Everything is just a slight bit bigger and since becoming pregnant I've gained 2 1/2 pounds. I had to go up a size in pantyhose, haha. Granted I was right on the brink between size A and B anyways. Thankfully I'm still not showing. Someone asked me if I planned on telling my students about my being pregnant. The answer is no. Though, if one of them asks me straight up, I'm not going to lie to them. But otherwise I don't see the point in having that conversation.

I have been crazy tired though. I even slept through Lost on Tuesday!












I know, I was shocked too.

I also have just been soooo hungry lately. I just keep bringing more and more food with me to school to eat during the day. For example, yesterday during my lunch/plan period I ate a sandwich, apple, cheese, yogurt, animal crackers and a sliced banana mixed with strawberries. I don't know about you, but for me that is a ton of food. I swear, pretty soon it's going to be like that scene in The Breakfast Club where the wrestler (Emilio Estevez) takes out his lunch and it's an entire grocery sack filled with food.













Aaron and I have taken to talking to peanut every night about our day, and telling him or her how much we love them and how excited we are to meet them. We've also started telling them about all the people waiting to meet them and love them too.

As far as student teaching goes, I only have four weeks left and I know they are going to fly by. With this new term we started teaching a new class, Women's Literature, which I of course would love no matter what, but the students we have are brilliant. I also had my third observation today, and it went well. My supervisor told me she can tell I've gotten a lot better at being firmer with students. I definitely attribute this to pregnancy. Knowing I'm someone's mother now makes me not want to take anyone's crap.

Last thing, I was actually on campus the other day and I bought peanut a present:










Husker baby booties!

3 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm.....telling "them"??? You know, peanut could be plural! :-)
    I think it's so sweet that you and Aaron are talking to your little one! Keep it up! Peanut will know your voices well by the time he/she is born!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Them??? Freudian slip... XXXOOO Grampa Todd & Gramma Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  3. you slept through lost? you must be tired:) i know what you mean about not taking people's crud. when i was pregnant with my first john and i ended up working with webelos...10 year old boy scouts. let's just say they learned quickly to not mess with pregnant ladies.

    ReplyDelete